Good evening and welcome to our Weekend Update.
This weekend, I participated in the Pennsylvania Leadership Conference in Harrisburg. This is the largest conservative Republican gathering in the Commonwealth. It was a tremendous success and great to be around so many patriots. I addressed the audience on Saturday morning and discussed my excitement for launching the great American comeback... the great Pennsylvania comeback. That begins with winning elections this year. Winning back control of U.S. House and retiring Speaker Nancy Pelosi for good. We need to elect a governor who will model and compete with winning states... Pennsylvania can be the next Texas. It's time to Make Pennsylvania Proud Again. It's time to Make Pennsylvania Prosperous Again. It's time to Make Pennsylvania Win Again. It's time to Make Pennsylvania Great Again. Click hereto watch my message. (Begins at the 3:18 mark)
Jesse Watters of Fox News spoke on Friday night and was tremendous, especially as he recounted stories of covering President Trump. I ran into our good friend RJ Harris of WHP 580. He is a staple of Harrisburg radio, and I enjoy being a regular guest on his program. I also ran into our State Treasurer, Stacy Garrity, who is doing a tremendous job. (Pictures below)
Our 2021 Republican judicial candidates were in attendance, including Supreme Court candidate Judge Kevin Brobson, Superior Court candidate Megan Sullivan and Commonwealth Court candidates Judge Drew Crompton and Stacy Wallace. (Pictured below with Judge Brobson)
I want to thank all those who attended and the team who organized and ran the event. I want to give a special thanks to event organizer Lowman Henry who always puts on a great show. The legacy of Fred Anton, former President of the Pennsylvania Manufacturer Association, was celebrated for his many accomplishments, including helping to launch this conference. (Pictured below with Loman Henry)
I joined Newsmax TV to discuss how the Biden Administration's spending spree is hurting our economy. The lack of goods is creating inflation, and businesses can't find enough people to employ. Click here or below to watch.
Republicans in Pennsylvania’s state legislature took the first step in erasing the horrific policymaking of the current administration by passing a resolution to rescind the Governor’s emergency declaration. This was a great step forward to restoring proper checks and balances on the Governor and restoring Pennsylvania’s freedoms. This is a big win for Pennsylvania voters who declared our Commonwealth open for business.
This week, we worked in District on several constituent-related matters and traveled to events and meetings. In addition to meetings with our county and local elected officials, I attended a Schuylkill Chamber Business Executive Forum with local leaders. We discussed issues important to business owners, including transportation and infrastructure. I want to thank all those for attending and our good friend, Schuylkill Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Bob Carl, for inviting me to attend.
On Tuesday, Shelley and I attended an event with Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick and former U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. (Shelley and I pictured with Secretary Pompeo and our good friend John Moran)
Later in the week, I attended an event with State Senator Dave Argall in Schuylkill County. Senator Argall is a great leader in Harrisburg and at home. We are fortunate to have him fighting for us in Harrisburg.
I want to recognize our new State Senator, Chris Gebhard, who was officially sworn in on Wednesday. He joined me at the PLC Dinner on Friday night with Fox News Host Jesse Watters. I am confident Chris will bring his business experience and his commitment to conservative problem-solving to Harrisburg.
IN NEWS YOU WON’T HEAR IN THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA: The border crisis continues to grow as the Biden-Harris Administration’s open border policies are sadly working. Border Apprehensions Rose Again In May To More Than 180,000 – The Highest Level In 21 Years:
BIDEN’S BORDER CRISIS GETS EVEN WORSE
- For the second month in a row, the Biden administration has quietly released the monthly border numbers after-hours in an attempt to bury them.
- Border apprehensions rose again in May, with 180,034 migrants apprehended trying to cross the border.
- Just 20 percent of family units were expelled in May, continuing to disprove Biden’s claim that the “vast majority of the families” crossing the border illegally are being sent back.
- Border apprehensions have increased every single month that Biden has been president.
- 711,784 migrants have been caught illegally crossing the border in Biden’s first five months in office.
- 88,998 migrants who illegally crossed the U.S.-Mexico border have been released into the United States since Biden took office, a stark contrast to the just 18 people who were let go during President Trump’s final full month in office.
- Drug seizures along the southern border increased by 18 percent in the last month, with fentanyl and methamphetamine smuggling spiking.
- Since March, Texas State Police on boat patrol has intercepted 35,385 migrants attempting to cross the Rio Grande River.
- A Texas Department of Public Safety official said they are making only a small dent, with thousands getting past.
Guatemalan President Alejandro Giammattei blamed Biden’s rhetoric and policy changes for the border crisis. Watch the clip below by clicking here.
Please enjoy your weekend, and we look forward to seeing you soon,