Good afternoon and welcome to our Weekend Update.
It’s Super Bowl Sunday, and we are all ready to cheer on the Philadelphia Eagles as they get ready to play the Kansas City Chiefs. It’s great to have a Pennsylvania team in the big game!
We were in Washington this week as Biden delivered his second State of the Union. I was joined at the speech by local businessman and our good friend John Moran (John and I pictured below with Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo).
Additionally pictured alongside House Majority Leader Steve Scalise and my colleague and friend Congressman Burgess Owens.
Before his speech, I appeared on Newsmax’s “Wake Up America” to discuss the story we hear from the Biden administration and the reality Americans face. Record inflation, the border crisis, foreign diplomatic failures, and Chinese spy balloons flying overhead are the current realities Americans face. Click here or below to watch my interview.
I also spoke with Newmax’s “American Agenda” to preview the State of the Union. Click here or below to watch.
After the speech, I spoke to Bob Cordaro on WILK-FM radio about the State of the Union. As I said on the show, the address would have been more aptly labeled a state of delusion. There was a lot of commentary from Biden that was not based upon the realities that American families are living every day. The state of the union is not nearly as strong as Biden outlined. We have severe inflation, high gas prices, the unmitigated crisis at the border, and a dangerous world climate related to Russia and China. The Biden administration is asleep at the wheel. Click here to listen to my interview.
Additionally, I spoke with WOLF-Fox 56 to respond to Biden’s speech. Click here or below to watch the news clip and hear my comments.
IN NEWS YOU WON’T HEAR IN THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA: The Biden administration attempted to take out the trash in a Friday news dump as they confirmed this Is the Worst Border Crisis on Record.
THE WORST MONTH AT THE BORDER IN 22 YEARS
- Customs and Border Protection (CBP) data shows 156,274 illegal immigrants were apprehended attempting to cross the U.S.-Mexico border in January, making this the highest total for January in 22 years.
- For the first time in history, monthly apprehensions at the southern border have surpassed 150,000 for 23 consecutive months.
- With 3,500 to 4,500 encounters daily, this dwarfs the definition of a “crisis” set by Johnson when he said in 2019 that “more than 1,000” apprehensions a day would constitute a “crisis.”
- January’s 150,000-plus encounters is a 199 percent increase from the average number of January apprehensions from 2017-2020.
- 9,393 unaccompanied children were apprehended.
- 67,690 illegal immigrants were apprehended from countries outside the Northern Triangle and Mexico, showing that Biden’s crisis is global.
- At least 53 people on the terror watchlist have been apprehended trying to enter the U.S. between ports of entry so far this fiscal year.
- Nearly 6 million illegal immigrants have crossed the border since Biden took office.
- This includes the nearly 4.7 million illegal immigrants that Customs and Border Protection has apprehended and the 1.2 million gotaways that have escaped past Border Patrol into the U.S.
- Border officials say that the official number of gotaways vastly undercounts the illegal immigrants who make it into the U.S.
- Biden has installed a de facto amnesty program in which nearly 50,000 illegal immigrants have had their cases dismissed in court due to his administration’s failure to file the proper paperwork.
- Homeland Security Investigations estimates that Mexican cartels are now making $13 billion a year smuggling illegal immigrants into the U.S., 26 times what they made in 2018.
That's the worst January since 2001 and marks 23 months of border encounters above 150,000. For context, former Obama DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson said 1,000 illegal encounters per day at the border “overwhelms the system.” We are currently averaging 5 times that number at the border. Under President Trump, encounters NEVER reached 150,000 in a single month.
Meanwhile, Biden absurdly bragged about his “success” at the border. Remember this when he does: this January is WORSE than last January. When Biden brags, he is bragging about the worst border crisis in our nation’s history.
Until next week, God bless, and see you soon,
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter