Good afternoon and welcome to our Weekend Update on a snow-covered Sunday and likely Monday. If driving, of course, please be careful. Do get out and enjoy the snow. Pull the kids or grandkids along on the sled and enjoy some beautiful Pennsylvania winter weather.
I began the week with my monthly appearance with RJ Harris on WHP-580. Click here to listen to my interview. We discussed the alarming number of far-left executive orders that have been signed by President Joe Biden. To date, Biden has signed dozens of executive actions— focused on killing energy jobs, opening our borders, reinstating failed provisions from Obamacare and more. While President Biden has talked a lot about “unity” and working with both sides of the aisle, his executive orders have been mostly focused on the desires and interests of the extreme left.
I conducted an interview on Newsmax TV about President Biden’s anti-energy executive orders and particularly his action to kill the Keystone pipeline. With a stroke of a pen, President Biden killed over 10,000 jobs, long-term, high-paying jobs and one of the most environmentally friendly projects when it comes to natural gas and oil.
Meanwhile, they speak of "green" replacement jobs but that is nothing more than a future aspiration. Why kill today's jobs for aspirational "green" jobs in the future? It makes no sense and it is a cave to special interests at the sake of today's workers. The private-sector marketplace has driven energy efficiency and green energies over the last few years far better than the heavy hand of government ever will. We need to create an environment for business competitiveness and they will make the investments along with social trends and what's best for their business, employees and customers' interests. Many of these companies are choosing more efficient and greener energies. It's not a bad thing as long as it is not subsidized by the government and is market-driven.
Additionally, Biden’s order to ban fracking on federal lands is damaging to the industry and our nation’s energy independence. Click here to watch my interview on Newsmax television.
The NRCC released a video regarding President Biden and the House Democrats' enactment of their job-killing policy agenda and its impact on our nation’s energy independence as well as the loss of thousands of family-sustaining jobs, including 8,000 union jobs. Click here or below to watch the video.
IN NEWS YOU WON’T HEAR IN THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA: The Biden Administration’s assault on American jobs has begun…
Killing American Energy Jobs
- President Biden directed federal agencies to determine how expansive a ban on new oil and gas leasing on federal land should be, the first step in implementing his proposed ban.
- Biden’s ban would kill nearly a million jobs by 2022.
- This is in addition to President Biden’s previous order canceling the Keystone XL pipeline.
- On President Biden’s very first day in office, be began the 30-day process to rejoin the ineffective Paris Climate Agreement.
- Economists estimate that the agreement will cost the U.S. economy millions of jobs over the next decade.
Worse yet… Biden Administration Officials View These Workers As Dispensable, Defending Job Losses They Consider Necessary
- Biden’s Energy Secretary nominee Jennifer Granholm conceded that there are “jobs that might be sacrificed” because of Biden’s climate policies.
- Biden’s Special Presidential Envoy for Climate, John Kerry, dismissed concerns about job losses saying, it’s “what needs to be done.”
Biden’s Extreme Energy Agenda Is Just The Beginning... Tax Hikes And His Plans For The U.S. Economy Will Likely Cost Americans Dearly
- Joe Biden’s tax plan would hike taxes on job creators, raise the corporate tax rate, hike capital gains tax and increase payroll taxes.
- As a result, U.S. GDP growth would be cut in half and more than 500,000 Americans would lose their jobs.
- The plan would “would reduce after-tax incomes by around 2.6% across all income groups over the long run,” and low and middle-income earners would see a decrease.
President Biden has signed a record number of executive orders, actions and memorandums in his first week, 35 and counting. This is the same President Biden, who recently equated the use of executed orders to the actions of a dictator. I suppose that was "malarky." Once again, the media refuses to point out this complete contradiction in such a short period of time.
The overuse of executive orders and President Biden's reluctance to push policy changes through the legislative process, despite the fact Democrats control the U.S. Senate and U.S. House, proves that even the Democrats are skeptical of his insistence on pushing a left-wing agenda on immigration and his declaration of war on the energy industry.
There is perhaps nothing more important to the nation than getting vaccinations distributed in a timely manner. I stopped by the Lebanon VA Medical Center to meet and tour the facility with the Director of the Lebanon VA Medical Center. It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to speak with several of our local heroes who received the Covid-19 vaccine at the clinic.
Thank you and please be safe and continue to monitor the weather and road conditions,